- March 10th, 2018
- Sign Up Deadline: January 12th, 2017
Changes for 2018:
- The price will be increased from $20 to $25 for passport.
- Merchants reimbursement will be increased for $3 to $4 per ticket.
- 2015- 300 Passports Sold
- 2016- 400 Passports Sold
- 2017- 500 Passports Sold
- 2018 Goal- 600 Passports
- We easily sold out of the 500 Passports this past year and could have sold even more if the weather hadn't been so poor.
- 50/50 Locals vs. Tourists
- Predominantly women.
- Chocolate lovers!
- This is the reason for the Chocolate Extravaganza. Participants purchase their passport with the intent of using the tickets within. This is the best way to get Chocolate Extravaganza participants in your store. Passport items must be $6.00 retail value. Passport tickets are reimbursed for $4.00.
- This festival keeps growing! We have sold out of passports every year and would love to keep growing this festival. However, in the past we have received complaints about businesses running out of items. To address this we are asking how many passport items you will have on hand and what your backup item will be if you run out. This will allow us to be able address these complaints by knowing how many items are available in comparison to how many tickets we are selling.
- Each passport contains 5 tickets. These tickets are redeemed for your passport item. The passport ticket reimbursement value to the merchant is $4.00. Example tickets will be provided to the merchant prior to the event.
- Will be listed in the book. Limit of one coupon per merchant.
- The events will be listed in the Chocolate Passport. Please consider hosting an event in your store for Chocolate lovers. Some event event ideas would be: Chocolate and Wine Tasting, Cooking demonstrations, Painting Parties, Make and Take Classes, Live Music, Chocolate Spa Treatments, etc.
- We are seeking sponsorship in the Chocolate Extravaganza Passport. Last year these sponsorships allowed us to increase the reimbursement on the passport tickets. If you would like to be listed as a sponsor, please contact Kenna at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- To encourage people to spend more money in your shop we are doing a receipt redemption similar to Great Girlfriend Getaway. We will be offering a raffle entry to win gift baskets. In order to be entered they must show a receipt (minimum $5 purchase) from a downtown business to be entered. Please consider donating an item to our receipts redemption raffle! We had 754 receipts returned in 2017.